One very important and valuable thing that you can do as a business. People who have opted in to receive content direct to their inbox are worth their weight in gold.
Building an email list is an essential aspect of digital marketing and allows you to maintain a direct line of communication with your audience. It helps you to nurture potential customers, retain customers, to build relationships with loyal customers and to upsell other services.
It’s a crucial tactic of any marketing strategy. Here are ten effective ways to build an email list:
- Create a dynamic social media landing page, displaying your services, offers and what you are all about. Keep it up to date and consistently drive traffic to this via posting on social media.
- Create high-quality content. Develop valuable and engaging content that resonates with your target audience. Offer informative articles, guides, e-books, or exclusive resources that visitors can access in exchange for their email addresses.
- Run contests or giveaways. Hold contests or giveaways with a prize that your target audience would be interested in. Ideally offer something that engages them with your business rather than a one off gift they use and are not incentivized to revisit your services. Ask participants to enter with their email addresses when entering the giveaway, which will help grow your list.
- Use forms or pop ups on your website. Placing attractive and well positioned opt-in forms on your website’s key pages, such as the homepage and blog posts, combined with good content will encourage potential customers to sign up to your newsletter. Make sure they are easy to find and use a clear call-to-action. Then employing pop-up or exit-forms you can capture the attention of visitors who might otherwise leave without subscribing.
- Offer incentives. Offering incentives or lead magnets will entice visitors to join your email list. These can include discounts, free trials, exclusive access, or any other valuable content that aligns with your audience’s interests.
- Host events. Organise webinars or live events, such as an open evening to educate your audience on your services and treatments. Discuss topics relevant to your niche. Require registration with an email address to attend, and you’ll collect valuable leads in the process.
Building an email list takes time and effort but it is worth it. If you focus on your customers needs and provide value to your subscribers, you will over time create an engaged audience. Maintaining engagement, and respecting their privacy and preferences whilst offering them services and incentives from your business will drive loyalty. Make sure you avoid spammy tactics, as they can harm your reputation and lead to a higher unsubscribe rate.